Sunday, June 1, 2014

Everyone always feels bad for my dad…I now understand why.

HI there-
    I have come to the realization that I have not thoroughly introduced myself yet! My name is Brooke Dorsey, and I am currently in my last few weeks of freshmen year at university. This year has been quite rocky, for a multitude of reasons…but, things are finally beginning to fall into place. I think freshmen year is always a difficult transition for anyone at first, but once you find a good group of friends your whole perspective shifts. I wish someone expressed that to me when I left for school. I think for me I was always constantly looking forward to college and leaving home, but when it finally came to taking the step I hesitated. Change is always difficult, but once you adjust it becomes so much easier. Im glad I picked a school polar opposite of my hometown, it was a nice change in scenery.  I am from Dana Point, California. If you haven't visited, I highly suggest it…and it's only an hour away from Disneyland. Which says a lot...just saying. Im so excited to be back in the warm weather in just two short weeks, as well being reunited with my sisters!
   I have an older sister, Addie, who is graduating from UCI(University of California Irvine) this term..I am SO ecstatic. Addie and her boyfriend, Nic, will be both graduating as Film Majors. A few days after they graduate they will embark on a one month trip around France… some may ask the question, "Brooke, why aren't you attending on this trip of a lifetime?" That is an excellent question, in which, I am still trying to find the answer. Addie is almost fluent in French…and well, Nic is french so thats that. ing Nic's relatives. Nic is a keeper, he's the first boyfriend of Addie's that I actually like. So that's good. Next in line…  Cassie Raye. Cass is 17,  and quite the character. she always succeeds at making me laugh and smile, which is something I have always admired about her . And lastly, my little sister, Emma. Emma is 15 years old. Emma is extremely talented musician. She plays the piano, guitar, and sings. She yearns to be a singer…which I honestly believe could be a possibility with the way she is going. I will be posting videos of her later on in my blog(when permission is granted, of course). Anyways, these are my sisters as well as my best friends.
I don't know how this progressed from myself…to paragraphs of my sisters. This will probably happen frequently. I can't help it.
Cassie
Addie and Nic

Emmy









No comments:

Post a Comment